- Local News
Deadlines for two juried art shows near
Area artists should note the upcoming deadlines for the Cooperstown Art Association's Regional Juried Art Exhibition and National Juried Art Exhibition, with submissions for the regional show due this Friday and Saturday.
- Lions Club still following vision
- Landmark Inn busy under new ownership
- Trustees to approve final budget
- Big crowd sees Easter Bunny arrive
- Deadlines for two juried art shows near
- Local Sports
Pohl called up to Triple-A
Phil Pohl sits one step away from a big-league roster. A 2008 Cooperstown graduate, Pohl was recently promoted to the Sacramento River Cats, the Triple-A affiliate of the Oakland A's.
- SPORTS ROUNDUP
- Edmonds wins unlikely Big South title|
- Milford looks for repeat in baseball
- Sharks come up for air after strong season
- Pohl called up to Triple-A
Saying goodbye to a new friend
Did you know that St. Patrick, patron saint of Ireland, was born in Britain? At age 16 he was kidnapped by Irish raiders and spent six years as a slave in Ireland. He escaped and went back to Britain where he became a priest. He returned to Ireland where it is said that he converted thousands of pagans to Christianity before he died on March 17, sometime in the fourth century.
- Hope for spring springs eternal
- Carnival makes exchange year amazing
- Candidates offer view on village
- Celebrating the Thanksgiving Olympics
- Saying goodbye to a new friend
Film examines Lance Armstrong's fall
There's nothing more heartwarming than someone overcoming impossible odds and achieving the pinnacle of success. The last thing you want is for that story to fall apart. When it happens to an icon like Lance Armstrong it's even more difficult to accept. He is someone you'd want to admire since he was both a champion and a do-gooder. How does the public react when it all comes crashing down?
- Taking risks and getting out of my comfort zone
- Denmark meeting expectations
- Local Voices From Around The Globe: Settling in and having a smooth transition
- Teen Talk: Getting working experience has had its bumps in the road
- Film examines Lance Armstrong's fall