- From Fly Creek
- Mammon Triumphs in Turkey Bowl Editor's Note: We're thrilled to announce the return of our columnist, Jim Atwell, and his legendary column "From Fly Creek." Jim's column will be an occasional feature, when he is able to write or he has something he wants to contribute. We celebrate his return with one of his classic columns.
- Rolling toward a stop Iâ€™m slowing down, friends, rolling toward a stop for this column. The best way to describe my reason is through an analogy: I want you to think of me as a horse-drawn wagon and driver â€" not just as the driver, but as the whole shebang.
- Giving gnomes a home Whack a mole, if you must, but never a gnome. You'd enrage those who dote on them. And there are many such people, though maybe not as many as gnomes. Gnomes are everywhere.
- Hauling history home Anne and I have a trip ahead of us. We'll be trundling south in our bought-used-but-still-great Mercury Mountaineer SUV.
- 'So how's it going?' The headline is a question I get a dozen times a day, almost always from friends and neighbors who want a real answer. Bless them for that.
'So how's it going?'
The headline is a question I get a dozen times a day, almost always from friends and neighbors who want a real answer. Bless them for that.
The haunting of Bill O'Reilly
I guess we can stand it, friends: only about a thousand more hours till Election Day. Finally the air will clear somewhat of all the rant, cant, and mud slinging that’s polluted it for — how long? — ever since the last national election. Enough! I’m choking on smarmy, mean-souled stuff; and I’ll bet you are, too.
- Thinking of Shanksville
Great, echoing space!
All that wonderful space is now in our garage, barn, and basement, which all look so much bigger and better than before.
- Hamlet news; plus cat-patting
- More From Fly Creek Headlines