Jeff has the
I would like to see the Village in good hands for the future and moving in the right directions to keep the Village that I love still that unique place in many of our hearts.
That is why, as a prominent Republican, I am actively backing Jeff Katz for Mayor.
Jeff has devoted the time and effort to learn the job, investigate the issues, present both sides intelligently, both pros and cons when asked and place the Village needs before his own because of his love of Cooperstown. It is time to put the good of the Village before political party affiliations.
If more public servants put the needs of the public first and put the good of the people before the demands of their parties and their own personal interests, we would have less of the antagonism we see today. We would get more accomplished.
Jeff has the experience we need, five years as a Trustee and two years as Deputy Mayor. He has the knowledge we need, having served on most of the Village Committees.
He has the intelligence we need, coming up with innovative fund raising opportunities that have allowed our Village to accomplish major projects without massive tax increases. He has made his time available to the Village day and night and hasn’t missed a meeting that I can remember, and has put even more of his personal time in representing me and our Village before Federal, State, County and Town meetings.
But most important to me, he loves this Village and it shows in his commitment to all of us.
Please join me in supporting Jeff, real experience and commitment we need. And, thank you for the honor of being your Mayor and Trustee for a total of 16 years; and thanks to all for their kind comments regarding my health and future.
Jeff has the
- Please Click Here
- OUR READERS' VIEWS OUR READERS' VIEWS
- Please Click Here Thank you to all of the participants in the Paint the Town Purple event on Friday, May 9. You made Paint the Town Purple truly a message of hope!
- Please Click Here I have always gone to the library. When I was young, my mother took my siblings and me to our local library at least once a week to select books. I felt I had the world at my fingertips, so many books to explore!
- Please Click Here Never have I written back-to-back letters to the editor, but so many Cooperstown people have called our home or talked with me on the street to comment on my previous letter about the Furthur concert.
- Our Readers' Opinions Once again nature is wreaking havoc with our properties surrounding the lake! The amount of rain we have received in the last month is approximately 13 inches -- three times the normal amount!
- Honest Brook Music Festival to celebrate 25th anniversary The Honest Brook Music Festival has announced its 25th anniversary summer season classical concerts.
- Our Readers' Opinions After living in the western southern tier for 10 years, my wife and I decided to visit the Hall of Fame today, June 20, before moving out of the area in a few weeks. We enjoyed the museum, but parking in Cooperstown proved to be a formidable gauntlet.
- Our Readers' Opinions To Those members of the local government who care about the economic future of Cooperstown and the maintenance of its character: Has Town Hall gone mad here?
- Our Readers' Opinions I applaud the Baseball HOF's move of the Classic to Memorial Day Saturday. I just wished it had not been rained out.
- More Letters Headlines