We are pleased to announce the re-formation of the 22 Main Street Committee. We, the undersigned, along with original members of the committee, are looking forward to working together to modernize and improve the infrastructure and restore the grandeur of this beautiful public building in Cooperstown.
Veronica Gil Seaver, Barbara Pope, David Sanford, Lang Keith, Karen Katz, Janet Erway, Gilbert T. Vincent, Cheryl Wright
Gala Co-chairs say thanks
As co-chairs of the Friends of Bassett’s 2009 New Year’s Eve Gala, we’re proud to announce that ``Carnaval Maravilhosa, a Mardi Gras Ball,’’ and its auctions and raffle raised approximately $240,000 in support of Bassett Healthcare’s radiology and imaging capital needs.
Much of our annual fundraiser’s success is due to the commitment, talent and energy of the members of the Gala and Auctions Committees, volunteers all. We also are indebted to our event sponsors. Lead sponsors were NYCM Insurance and SEFCU.
Corporate sponsor was Apple Converting Inc. Supporting sponsors were Drogen Electric Supply/Drogen’s Home Furnishings, KPMG LLP, Len & Dot Marsh, The New York Susquehanna & Western Railway Corp. and Northern Eagle Beverages.
Participating sponsors were BSA LifeStructures, Clark Companies (Scott & Betsy Clark), Cooperstown Dreams Park Inc. (Louis A. Presutti III), The Daily Star/Town Crier, Fenimore Asset Management Inc. & FAM Funds, Frazier’s Landscapes Inc., Greener World Landscape Maintenance, McCarthy Building Companies Inc., Tallman Enterprises Tree Service, Trosset Group Attorneys, Turnpike & Oneonta/Cooperstown Pennysavers and Wilber National Bank Trust & Investment Center.
We thank Riverwood gift shop, Glimmerglass Opera, Hyde Hall and Vitullo’s Formal Shop as well as Mrs. Cook- Wightman and Sacha Kollisch, art teachers at Cooperstown Elementary School, for their invaluable help. Our highest praise goes to the Friends’ staff, Bob Zaleski and the Bassett grounds crew, Ron DuBois and Bassett’s carpentry shop, the staff at Mohican Flowers and the staff at The Otesaga for helping to make the fund-raiser a fun-filled success.
- Please Click Here
- OUR READERS' VIEWS OUR READERS' VIEWS
- Please Click Here Thank you to all of the participants in the Paint the Town Purple event on Friday, May 9. You made Paint the Town Purple truly a message of hope!
- Please Click Here I have always gone to the library. When I was young, my mother took my siblings and me to our local library at least once a week to select books. I felt I had the world at my fingertips, so many books to explore!
- Please Click Here Never have I written back-to-back letters to the editor, but so many Cooperstown people have called our home or talked with me on the street to comment on my previous letter about the Furthur concert.
- Our Readers' Opinions Once again nature is wreaking havoc with our properties surrounding the lake! The amount of rain we have received in the last month is approximately 13 inches -- three times the normal amount!
- Honest Brook Music Festival to celebrate 25th anniversary The Honest Brook Music Festival has announced its 25th anniversary summer season classical concerts.
- Our Readers' Opinions After living in the western southern tier for 10 years, my wife and I decided to visit the Hall of Fame today, June 20, before moving out of the area in a few weeks. We enjoyed the museum, but parking in Cooperstown proved to be a formidable gauntlet.
- Our Readers' Opinions To Those members of the local government who care about the economic future of Cooperstown and the maintenance of its character: Has Town Hall gone mad here?
- Our Readers' Opinions I applaud the Baseball HOF's move of the Classic to Memorial Day Saturday. I just wished it had not been rained out.
- More Letters Headlines