BY JIM AUSTIN
THE COOPERSTOWN CRIER
Mayor Joe Booan appointed Charles Hage to the board of trustees to fill the vacancy created when he was elected mayor.
There are two years remaining on Booan’s term. Hage will serve until March 31, 2011. Who serves the last year will be determined in next March’s election.
Hage is the father of Eric Hage, who completed his first three-year term on the board in March, but did not seek re-election.
``I want to thank the mayor and board of trustees for putting their trust in me. I hope to make a positive contribution to the community,’’ he said.
Booan appointed Hage to chair the Village Gateway Technical Committee. Other committee members include Joe Middleton of Bassett Healthcare and former NYS Assemblyman Tony Casale.
Hage is a former Director, Corporate Business Development, for Eastman Kodak Company in Rochester and a consultant in business development to high tech startup companies. He is currently a member of the management team of Mohican Financial Management in Cooperstown.
BY JIM AUSTIN
- Jean E. Olin VENICE, Fla. -- Jean E. Olin, 81, of Venice, Fla., went home to be with her Lord and Savior on April 14, 2014. She was surrounded by her loving family.
- Closing means more travel for patients, relatives The pending closure of Bassett Medical Center's inpatient psychiatric unit will mean more travel not only for patients but also for relatives, according to NAMI of Otsego County.
- Cal Tennant SCHENEVUS -- Callie (Cal) D. Tennant, of Schenevus, beloved son, brother, uncle and friend, passed away after a long, courageous struggle with diabetes, and died as a result of complications related to that disease Thursday evening, March 20, 2014, at his home. He was 38.
- Maddux, Cox stick together COOPERSTOWN -- If you didn't know any better Monday, the presence of Greg Maddux and Bobby Cox at the Baseball Hall of Fame wouldn't have raised an eyebrow.
- CCS students bringing 'The Heat' to Iron Chef This Saturday, students from Otsego, Delaware, Schoharie and Montgomery county schools will go head-to-head in a particularly heated contest.
- Village begins budget work
- Otsego IDA chief, Mathes, reviews economic development steps The Otsego County Industrial Development Agency and Otsego County will identify one or two sites for shovel-ready development in April or May, the recently appointed agency chief said Wednesday.
- Slavery film to be shown The PBS film "Slavery by Another Name" will be shown at 7 p.m. Thursday, March 6, at the Cooperstown Graduate Program.
- Douglas J. Olmstead MIDDLEFIELD -- Douglas John Olmstead, 88, of Middlefield, went to be with the Lord Friday afternoon, Feb. 14, 2014.
- Merchants: Jeter induction a sure thing The announcement of long-time New York Yankees' shortstop Derek Jeter's retirement after the 2014 Major League Baseball season has sent ripples throughout Cooperstown's business community. It has also triggered speculation about Jeter's possible Hall of Fame future, and its impact on the village.
- More inactive Headlines