Santa Claus will arrive in Cooperstown in his horse-drawn sleigh on Friday.
He is expected to be at his cottage in Pioneer Park at 5:30 p.m. There, hot chocolate, refreshments and music can be enjoyed by all.
Santa and Mrs. Claus will have visiting hours set at their cottage until Christmas Eve.
“Every year we get visitors to the Hall of Fame that stubble upon us,” Santa said last holiday season while sitting in his cottage with his dog Bell and pet mouse. “Then there are always those who come home to visit family for Thanksgiving.”
According to Santa, some families make a whole weekend out of celebrating the holidays in Cooperstown and come for the Candlelight Evening at The Farmers’ Museum. People come from near and far, he added.
“It’s because there are not a lot of places like this,” Santa said. “Yes, there are a lot of mall Santas, but that is not the same. Here, we are not about selling that $34.99 photo pack.”
In Cooperstown, Santa and his wife have a small cottage in an outside setting. Santa said he does not have to worry about the orders because the elves do that, but it is his job to greet all the children.
Luckily for the jolly old man in the red suit, his cottage became a little toastier last year with new carpeting and heat installed underneath.
Santa said he finds people in the area to be very generous and he tries to encourage the youth to continue the charitable spirit during his visits.
A lot of work goes into preparing for the one magical night children go to bed early for, but according to Santa, getting prepared means getting one’s heart prepared.
Cottage hours are as follows:
• Saturday, Nov. 24 from 1 to 5 p.m.
• Sunday, Nov. 25 noon to 2 p.m. (Santa Photos with Pets)
• Sunday, Nov. 25 from 2 to 4 p.m.
• Friday, Nov. 30 from 3 to 6 p.m.
• Saturday, Dec 1, from 1 to 5 p.m.
• Sunday, Dec. 2 from 1 to 4 p.m.
• Monday, Dec. 3, story time with Mrs. Claus from 10 to 11 a.m.
• Friday, Dec. 7 from 3 to 6 p.m.
• Saturday, Dec. 8 Mrs. Claus will be at the cottage from 1 to 5 p.m. Santa will be at the Candlelight Evening
• Sunday, Dec. 9 from 1 to 4 p.m. TBA (snow date for Candlelight Evening)
• Monday, Dec.10 story time with Mrs. Claus from 10 to 11 a.m.
• Friday, Dec. 14 from 3 to 6 p.m.
• Saturday, Dec. 15 from 1 to 5 p.m.
• Sunday, Dec. 16 from 1 to 4 p.m.
• Monday, Dec. 17 from 3 to 6 p.m.
• Tuesday, Dec. 18 from 3 to 6 p.m.
• Wednesday, Dec. 19 from 3 to 6 p.m.
• Thursday, Dec. 20 from 3 to 6 p.m.
• Friday, Dec. 21 from 3 to 6 p.m.
• Saturday, Dec. 22 from 1 to 5 p.m.
• Monday, Dec. 24 from 1 to 4 p.m.