Recently, 27 students from the Otsego Area Occupational Center in Milford and 40 students from the Northern Catskills Occupational Center Career and Technical Education program in Grand Gorge competed at the State University College of Agriculture and Technology at Cobleskill Agriculture and Technical Days, according to a media release from Otsego Northern Catskill Board of Cooperative Educational Services.
Students competed in a variety of events related to natural resource occupations, welding, heavy equipment operation, engine repair and maintenance, wildlife management, and aquatic systems. Faculty from SUNY Cobleskill were on site and made themselves available to high school students to provide information on college life, occupations in the agriculture field, and provide information on what SUNY Cobleskill has to offer. More than 600 students from 22 schools across New York state competed and toured SUNY Cobleskill.
The following students placed in their competitive events:
• first-place excavator operation: Zach Griffiths, OAOC
• first-place skid steer speration: Matt Morlock, OAOC
• second-place excavator operation: Zack Frasier, OAOC
• second-place dozer operation: Charles Knoblauch, OAOC
• third-place cattle judging: Zach Griffiths, Chris Mravlja, Nick Lasher and Austin Wheeler, all from OAOC