The Clark Sports Center is seeking nominations for its annual Fetterman Award.
The award is given in memory of Patrick C. Fetterman, long time associate director of the ACC Gymnasium/Clark Sports Center. According to a media release, recipients are honored for their dedication to serving local youth, especially in the area of athletics.
The Clark Sports Center will make a presentation of this award at a special gathering of friends, family and members of the community. A trophy sculpted by Fred Blatt, local artist, is on display in the trophy case and each year the recipient’s name is added to the engraved plate on the trophy. The recipient also receives a plaque to keep.
The release states: “The intent is to honor a community member with a show of genuine appreciation by the Clark family/foundation/Sports Center for all he/she has done for youth and athletics. Qualifications include:
• must be involved with local youth in the area of athletics
• caring, compassionate, kind
• honest, fair, ethical
• unselfish motives, good-hearted
• shows good sportsmanship, patience, sense of humor
• teaches through example
• well liked and respected by children and adults
• enjoys what he/she is doing
• is truly interested in helping children with a positive experience
• has direct contact with children, but in their involvement may help with fund-raisers, etc.
• may be a coach, ref/umpire, organizer
• is an excellent role model
To nominate someone for the award, send a letter naming the candidate and reasons why he/she is deserving of the award to Brenda Wedderspoon-Gray at the Clark Sports Center at P.O. Box 850, Cooperstown, NY 13326. Letter can also be dropped off to Wedderspoon-Gray at the Clark Sports Center.
The deadline is Friday, Sept. 13