Today, Bassett’s heart program offers some of the most advanced procedures available in Central New York and has been named one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Heart Care by Healthgrades, the leading provider of information to help consumers make an informed decision about a physician or hospital. Bassett Medical Center has also earned designation as a Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care by Blue Cross and Blue Shield. Only 13 other heart programs in the state have earned this recognition.
Way to go!
We agree with McNulty who said, “Awards by themselves don’t mean a whole lot, but when the selection criteria are evidence-based and related to quality of care and outcomes it can provide people with the confidence they need to make informed choices about where to get their heart care.”
The Bassett Heart Care Institute’s comprehensive program includes:
• Board certified physicians to provide the highest level of cardiac care
• An in-the-field EMS activated Heart Alert system
• Complex testing, including stress testing, echocardiograms, and cardiac catheterization studies
• Coronary angioplasty and stent placement
• Advanced electrophysiology services with two board certified electrophysiologists
• Cardiac surgery to bypass coronary arteries, correct arrhythmias, and repair and replace faulty heart valves
• Availability of ventricular assist devices to save failing hearts
• Outpatient cardiology clinics around Bassett’s eight-county region in Cooperstown, Oneonta, Herkimer, Little Falls, Delhi, Hamilton and Cobleskill
• Cardiac rehabilitation programs at Bassett facilities in Cooperstown, Herkimer and at FoxCare in Oneonta