- Our Opinion
Getting a plaque is not supposed to be easy
The Baseball Hall of Fame's annual Induction Weekend is by far the biggest event in Cooperstown each year.
- A happy ending in search for boy Far too often a search for a missing person does not conclude with a happy ending. We are happy to report that was not the case Monday in Cooperstown.
- Have a safe and fun Fourth of July In honor of "the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air," our local skies will light up with fireworks this Fourth of July holiday weekend. However, the holiday falls on a Thursday this year, resulting in an awkward work schedule for many. Perhaps some will be extremely lucky and have a four-day weekend.
- Happy 10 years of heart care Ten years ago, thousands of people living in the eight-county region served by Bassett Medical Center in rural upstate New York had few choices when it came to advanced heart care.
- Good luck area graduates It is almost here! Graduates will be reaching one of the greatest milestones in their lives.
- Congratulations to Lucy Ford for winning a state title Cooperstown's Lucy Ford needed a personal best to win a state title in the high jump Saturday at the New York State Track and Field Championships in Middletown. Ford, a junior, didn't just get her personal best with her jump of 5-feet, 5-inches. She broke her own school record, again, and became the first CCS girl to win a state title in track and field.
- Mother Nature throws Hall a curveball A couple of weeks ago when we wrote that we hoped the date change for the National Baseball Hall of Fame's annual seven-inning exhibition game would be a hit we were not expecting Mother Nature to force an alternative plan all together. Now there is no way to know if the Memorial Day Weekend would have been a better suit as we cannot compare apples to oranges.
- Roses Roses to those who participated and contributed to this year's Cooperstown/Otsego County Relay for Life.
- Hopefully HOF Classic date change is a hit The National Baseball Hall of Fameâ€™s annual seven-inning exhibition game has seen a drop in attendance in the last couple of year. The Hall of Fame Classic began as a Fatherâ€™s Day event, was then moved to the Saturday before the holiday, and is now being held on Memorial Day Weekend.
- Congratulations Cooperstown softball It is hard to believe that Cooperstown's softball team had never won a division or playoff title until this week.
- More Our Opinion Headlines
- Getting a plaque is not supposed to be easy