Demonstrate your support
Those running for public office in the village of Cooperstown on Tuesday, March 20, deserve our applause and respect. They contribute their time and effort because they love their historic village and know Cooperstown deserves good stewardship as it moves through time. Coming out to cast your vote will show your appreciation for those running and the voting process itself.
I have known James Dean for over 25 years. You may have seen us locally having spirited discussions from time to time. We will exhaust issues examining their facets until the best solution emerges.
James voices his positions with unambiguous clarity and acute insights. Those qualities are a great help when trying to move an issue along to conclusion.
Jeff Katz I have known for less time. In that time it has become clear that he has an unparalleled depth of knowledge about the workings of Cooperstown government. I also admire him for his ability to articulate all sides of an issue. In discussions, he will actually state that he is taking a devil’s advocate position to elicit responses to it. It is healthy to be challenged this way in the decision making process.
Cindy Falk I know only a short time. She comes with impressive skills such as teaching at the Cooperstown Graduate Program in History Museum Studies. Her preservation knowledge serves her well on the Cooperstown Planning Board and Cooperstown Historic Preservation and Architectural Review Board. Those skills will continue to serve Cooperstown as a village trustee by providing a keen mind and long-term historic context to the decisions that affect Cooperstown.
I urge you to take a small amount of time to come out and vote on Tuesday, March 20, to demonstrate your support for these committed citizens.
Otsego County Representative,
District 8, Fly Creek
Demonstrate your support
- Your Opinion
- OUR READERS' OPINIONS OUR READERS' OPINIONS
- Please Click Here October seems like 'food month' and Re-elect Rosenthal in District 7
- Writer running for Highway Superintendent
- Our Readers' Opinions During John Kosmer's term as county representative for District 8, he has been a strong advocate for the village of Cooperstown.
- Our Readers' Opninions This past Friday (Aug. 23) I had the honor of being a guest expert for Cooperstown Farmers' Market's Local Foods Local Spirits Cocktail Party. Guest Expert was really a pretty cushy job, since my role was to eat, drink and encourage discussion about the value of local foods and the businesses that make them -- which is one of my favorite topics anyway.
- Our Readers' Opinions The Otsego Lake Association's board of directors appreciates the many people and organizations who contributed to the success of our recent annual meeting on Saturday, Aug. 17.
- Our Readers' Opinions The Constitution Pipeline is the aorta of natural gas in our area. It will secure this region for future fracking.
- Our Readers' Opinions The recent good news that the New York State Department of Transportation has suspended herbicide straying along West Lake Road was in response to a forceful request by the Otsego Lake Watershed Supervisory Committee, and they deserve our thanks.
- Our Readers' Opinions Paid parking seems to be the hot topic in Cooperstown.
- Our Readers' Opinions Sen. Jim Seward has called public financing of campaigns "dead on arrival in the Senate." This is not true. The Republican caucus will not even allow the bill in the Senate door.
- More Your Opinion Headlines