Tree sale a success
The Otsego County Soil & Water Conservation District would like to thank all county residents that participated in this year’s tree and shrub sale. Once again a variety of coniferous and deciduous trees were made available.
New this year we offered fruit trees (apple, pear, cherry), two varieties for each fruit tree. I will strive to accommodate people needs for different varieties of trees as demand dictates.
We sold more than 21,000 seedlings and ground cover with 236 preorders and a good supply of surplus trees for sale. Overall it was a successful program.
At this time I would also like to thank the Schenevus Go- Getters 4-H Club for coming out and helping out on wrappingtrees for a day. I would also like to thank two Otsego County inmates for contributing two half days worth of their time in wrapping and assembling tree orders. I would also like to thank Jared Pederson, Jordan & Loryne Knapp for volunteering to assist in wrapping tree orders and volunteering their time during the Friday customer pickup.
As a reminder to county residents look for our fall fish sale order forms this summeron our website (www.otsegosoilandwater. com). Once again a thank you goes out to all residents who participated this year and to our volunteers who helped out during our wrapping process.
Otsego County Soil and Water
Tree sale a success
- Your Opinion
- OUR READERS' OPINIONS OUR READERS' OPINIONS
- Please Click Here October seems like 'food month' and Re-elect Rosenthal in District 7
- Writer running for Highway Superintendent
- Our Readers' Opinions During John Kosmer's term as county representative for District 8, he has been a strong advocate for the village of Cooperstown.
- Our Readers' Opninions This past Friday (Aug. 23) I had the honor of being a guest expert for Cooperstown Farmers' Market's Local Foods Local Spirits Cocktail Party. Guest Expert was really a pretty cushy job, since my role was to eat, drink and encourage discussion about the value of local foods and the businesses that make them -- which is one of my favorite topics anyway.
- Our Readers' Opinions The Otsego Lake Association's board of directors appreciates the many people and organizations who contributed to the success of our recent annual meeting on Saturday, Aug. 17.
- Our Readers' Opinions The Constitution Pipeline is the aorta of natural gas in our area. It will secure this region for future fracking.
- Our Readers' Opinions The recent good news that the New York State Department of Transportation has suspended herbicide straying along West Lake Road was in response to a forceful request by the Otsego Lake Watershed Supervisory Committee, and they deserve our thanks.
- Our Readers' Opinions Paid parking seems to be the hot topic in Cooperstown.
- Our Readers' Opinions Sen. Jim Seward has called public financing of campaigns "dead on arrival in the Senate." This is not true. The Republican caucus will not even allow the bill in the Senate door.
- More Your Opinion Headlines