Cooperstown Mayor Ellen Tillapaugh has proclaimed Thursday, Oct. 24 as World Polio Day in the village, and encourages residents to help her fight polio, according to a media release from the Cooperstown Rotary Club.
The club will sponsor a week-long event where local restaurants will contribute a percentage of their sales to support Rotary International’s Global Eradication Initiative.
Participating restaurants include:
• Sunday, Oct. 20, Nicoletta’s Italian Cafe;
• Monday, Oct. 21, Bocca Osteria;
• Tuesday, Oct. 22, Ommegang Café at Brewery Ommegang;
• Wednesday, Oct. 23, Stagecoach Coffee and Alex’s Bistro;
• Thursday, Oct. 24, Mel’s at 22;
• Friday, Oct. 25, Hawkeye Grill at the Otesaga Resort;
• Saturday, Oct. 26 Council Rock Brewery.
The Rotary club encourages residents to dine out to support the effort.
Visit endpolio.org to learn more about Rotary and the fight to eradicate polio.