Some changes were in store for the appearances on Main Street in Cooperstown, during April 1960.
Submit a Letter to the Editor
If you're interested in submitting a Letter to the Editor, click here.
On Wednesday, March 18, the village of Cooperstown will hold its elections for mayor and two trustee positions. As a trustee I have had the privilege of working closely with Mayor Ellen Tillapaugh for the past two years, and with trustees Joe Membrino and MacGuire Benton for the past one yea…
The Otsego County Board of Representatives’ privilege of the floor section of its monthly meetings at 197 Main St. in Cooperstown has always been an odd experience for me, and I suspect, many others.
Last year, when Ellen Tillapaugh was elected Cooperstown’s mayor, she appointed me to fill her open trustee position. I had volunteered for many organizations over the years (OCCA, PTA, the food pantry) and had served on various village committees including the Pedestrian Safety Committee, t…
This Week's Circulars
COOPERSTOWN - Giles E. Russell, 86, of Cooperstown, died on Wednesday, June 17, 2020. Born March 14, 1934, and raised in Eagle Bridge, Giles was the son of Giles Sr. and Kathryn (Mahar). He graduated from RPI in Troy with a degree in electrical engineering in 1955. He was an IBM engineer in …
WORCESTER - Patricia S. Hoye, 83, died Thursday May 28, 2020, at Valley Health Services in Herkimer. Pat was born on Sept. 2, 1936, in Cooperstown, the daughter of Gilbert F. Smith and Irene (DeLong) Smith and raised on the family dairy farm in Worcester. She was a graduate of Worcester Cent…
- Cooperstown celebrates 2020 senior class
- Former Cooperstown teacher sentenced in child pornography case
- Cooperstown athletic director Bertram moving on
- Woman charged with striking child
- Three charged with stealing items from Price Chopper
- Baseball Hall of Fame set to reopen Friday
- No explanation on club, school team rules annoys administrators
- July 4 boat parade to be held on Otsego Lake
- Cooperstown-area museums to reopen
- Police: Man destroyed clothes, shoes