The Otsego Herald for Aug. 23, 1819, compiled, with comments:
Submit a Letter to the Editor
If you're interested in submitting a Letter to the Editor, click here.
The Otsego County Board of Representatives’ privilege of the floor section of its monthly meetings at 197 Main St. in Cooperstown has always been an odd experience for me, and I suspect, many others.
Last year, when Ellen Tillapaugh was elected Cooperstown’s mayor, she appointed me to fill her open trustee position. I had volunteered for many organizations over the years (OCCA, PTA, the food pantry) and had served on various village committees including the Pedestrian Safety Committee, t…
The news that two executives of the former Focus Otsego nursing home pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges last week left us feeling a little flat.
I began writing this column back in December 2017 for two reasons. The first is that I find writing to be cathartic, a way of expressing what is on my mind and in my heart in a way that, for me, words often do not allow. The second is that I hoped to bring some laughter, peace and a sense of…
There have been enough post-mortems about the 2016 presidential election to make your head spin. Explanations for Hillary Clinton’s stunning loss to Donald Trump have been blamed on everything from Jim Comey to Russian interference. Many of the reasons given are intangible so there’s no way …
This Week's Circulars
- Former Cooperstown teacher pleads guilty to child pornography charges
- The Otsego Herald: A new newspaper is announced in Cooperstown
- Youth football players to visit Colgate
- Buffalo cause damage, safety concerns
- Roseboom celebrates its agricultural history
- Cooperstown starts overhaul of wastewater plant
- Salon offers cutting-edge services
- SPCA to break ground on new facility
- Cooper Barn replaces the Penguin
- Otsego Herald by Hugh Macdougall: Making the first parachute jump
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.